The YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island believes that exercising is a part of healthy living; however it can be hard to find time to stay fit when you are caring for young children. We can help! Our Playcare and Adventure Club services support you while you participate in a group fitness class or while you engage in your individual workout program.
- Parents must remain in the facility while their child is in a Childminding Program.
- 1.5 hour maximum stay per child per day (only one visit permitted per day).
- This service is for members only and their own children.
- All staff are trained in emergency procedures.
- Staff hold current certifications in First Aid.
- Recommended caregiver-to-child ratios are based on children’s needs to ensure quality care at all times.
- We clean all rooms and equipment regularly.
- Parents are welcome to stay with their children until they are comfortable.
- Should the need arise, staff will locate parents in the facility.
- Due to ratio requirements infants (0-1 year) spaces are limited and are on a first-come, first-served basis.
- In consideration of those with allergies, all food must be consumed outside of the childminding spaces with the exception of Infant bottles. Playcare and Child Care rooms are nut-free.
Included in Family or Child Membership (some limitations with Basic Membership)
For dates and times of childminding programs click here.