WHY SWIM AT THE Y?
The YMCA Swim Program is a values-based, water-activity program for both children and adults. At the Y, we focus on helping people develop. Each swimmer is challenged to grow and improve. All teen and adult swim programs are non-registered and available for Y Classic or Premium members only.
Lanes available for swimming for ages 10+.
TEEN AND ADULT LEARN TO SWIM
This program is designed for teens ages 13 years and older and adults to gain confidence in the pool while learning basic swimming skills.
Looking to add a little variety to your fitness routine? Swimming is an excellent way to cross-train and adds variety to your workouts! Ideal for the confident swimmer who is looking for an instructor-guided group workout. This program will focus on advanced stroke technique and building endurance through a progressive workout schedule. Participants must be able to swim 400m continuously and 2-3km each session
Private and Semi-Private Swim Lessons
These lessons are for current Classic and Premium members and start the 1st week of each continuous swim lesson season.
- Private and Semi-Private lessons are registered, are continuous for the duration of the season, and are non-refundable.
- Payment is required at time of registration.
- Make up lessons are not provided and classes cannot be re-scheduled.
- Members are responsible for ensuring there is a 2nd member present for semi-private lessons and both members must be within the same swimming ability.
Registration for each private/semi private lesson season opens Wednesday at 8 a.m. the week before the regular swim lesson season starts. Registration can occur once the season has started – fees will be pro-rated.
- Registration starts Wednesday January 2nd 8 a.m.
- Season runs January 7th to March 16th