The YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island believes that exercising is a part of healthy living; however it can be hard to find time to stay fit when you are caring for young children. We can help! Our Playcare services support you while you participate in a group fitness class or while you engage in your individual workout program.
- Parents must remain in the facility while their child is in a Childminding Program.
- 1.5 hour maximum stay per child per day.
- This service is for members only and their own children.
- All staff are trained in emergency procedures.
- Staff hold current certifications in First Aid.
- Recommended caregiver-to-child ratios are based on children’s needs to ensure quality care at all times.
- We clean all rooms and equipment regularly.
- Parents are welcome to stay with their children until they are comfortable.
- Should the need arise, staff will locate parents in the facility.
- Due to ratio requirements infant (0 months-1 year) spaces are limited and are on a first-come, first-served basis.
- In consideration of those with allergies, all food must be consumed outside of the childminding spaces with the exception of Infant bottles. Playcare rooms are nut-free.
Included in Family or Child Membership (some limitations with Basic Membership)
For dates and times of childminding programs click here.