Every day people are discovering greater potential – for themselves and their communities – through the YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island. But reaching potential doesn’t happen by accident. It takes courage, caring people, opportunities and a safe place to learn and grow. The Y helps people of all ages and at all stages find the support and care they need. Y programs help everyone feel valued, respected and included in our community.
We rely on the generosity of individuals, businesses and community partners to support proven programs and help provide opportunities for individuals who need a little extra help to reach their potential.
Check out our latest update on how your Y is Building Healthy Communities, Y Impact Newsletter_20192020!
By Donating to the Y’s Strong Kids ANNUAL Campaign, you can:
- Help a family stay active and healthy with a YMCA-YWCA membership
- Give youth a chance to build leadership skills and confidence by experiencing the Y’s Camp Thunderbird
- Support at-risk youth with transitional housing and support
- Connect families to safe, high quality child care
- Provide support, counselling and transitional housing for young moms and their babies
General Manager, Fund Development