SUMMER CAMP FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
Funding for the 2021 camp season may be limited as a result of the financial impact on the YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island from the on-going COVID-19 pandemic. It is expected that applicants contribute as much as possible and take advantage of payment plans available to them to ensure the Y may assist as many campers as possible, this year more than ever.
Financial assistance scholarships are provided by funds raised through community donations in support of Y Camp Thunderbird and through donations to the Strong Kids Campaign. Funding is available for residents of Vancouver Island (including the Gulf Islands).
The YMCA-YWCA uses the Government Low Income Cut Offs (LICO) as a guide to ensure those families in the most need receive assistance, both the LICO and Strong Kids funding available changes from year to year therefore reapplication is required. Please provide an accurate assessment of your financial information so we may fairly assess and award funding toward an experience at camp this upcoming summer.
On occasion we are unable to provide funding based on your financial information.
Funding is limited to a maximum of 25% of one camp program per camper. To apply for Financial Assistance to assist with a portion of your summer camp fees please follow these steps:
- Prepare supporting documents.
- Required – 2019/20 Notice of Assessment. If you did not file a tax return, the last 4 pay stubs for all adults in the household are required.
- Required – Pay Stubs. The last 2 pay stubs for all adults in the house hold are required OR the last 2 related statements for all COVID-19 government support you are receiving.
- Other Supporting Documents: you may also provide a number of other documents to support your application, a list is provided during the online application.
- Complete the online application Click Here to Apply
- Email your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If we have not received the documents from you within 48 hours, the Y will assume you are no longer interested in applying for Financial Assistance.
- If you receive a request for further information please respond to our team, we do not want any campers to miss out on their camp experience!
- Once we haven received your documents and have finished reviewing your application you will be sent an email from our team with the next steps. Due to volume of applications this may take up to 7 days.
- If approved you should now register your camper(s). You will enter a code during check out which will read your camper’s account and apply their specific funding to the registration.
- Please ensure you have read and understand the refund policy should you choose to register before receiving an approval.
OUTDOOR EDUCATION FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
For information on financial assistance please contact the Camp Manager by email at email@example.com
Charitable registration #: 10822 5566 RR001