SUBMIT A BOOKING REQUEST
Booking for May and June 2022
As Camp Thunderbird works towards a “new normal” we are meeting emerging opportunities and challenges by making some changes to our booking and scheduling process. Booking requests received by October 15 at 5pm will be carefully considered and balanced to meet as many first date choices as possible. After this deadline we will build the calendar and confirm dates. Any requests received after this time will be considered on a first-come-first-serve basis.
In Spring of 2021, we were at full capacity, with a waitlist; however, we anticipate a greater capacity in 2022, so if you are flexible with your dates, there’s a good chance we will be able to fit you in.
Off-season or bookings after June 2022
Please submit a booking request at your earliest convenience. Date choices for Spring programs will be set in September each year for the following spring.Submit a Booking Request
WITHIN 30 DAYS
REVIEW THE PROGRAM PACKAGE
You will be emailed a Program Package that includes:
- Initial Payment Invoice
- Chaperone Orientation (one-page)
- Confirmation Sheets (numbers, dietary & medical info)
COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING
- Make your initial payment.
- Email your signed contract
- Email a certificate of insurance to Registration Services for your school or group
- Details on what is required for the insurance are listed in the contract.
- Most Public Schools are listed under the School Protection Program Memorandum of Coverage. If your school is a Covered Entity, then you do not need to provide us with a copy of liability insurance.
TWO MONTHS PRIOR TO YOUR VISIT
CONFIRM YOUR PARTICIPANT NUMBERS
- Confirm the number of participants attending. After this deadline, if your number of participants drops by more than 10%, you will be billed at a minimum of 90% of the confirmed number of participants indicated on the contract.
REVIEW THE PRE-TRIP PLANNING CHECKLIST
- Review the Guidelines and Expectations document.
- Ensure you have identified an adult who will be your certified first aid attendant.
- Share the Risk Awareness document with families.
- Gather medical information for your participants.
- Organize your students into Activity and Cabin groups.
- Share the Chaperone Orientation document with chaperones.
|Download Pre-Trip Planning Documents|
|Guidelines & Expectations||Risk Awareness|
|Activity & Cabin Group Templates||Chaperone Orientation|
TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO YOUR VISIT
SUBMIT PROGRAM CONFIRMATION SHEET
- Email your completed program confirmation sheet (dietary and medical info) to the Outdoor Centre
SUBMIT FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE APPLICATIONS
- Submit any final Financial Assistance Applications using the online form.
WITHIN 30 DAYS FROM YOUR VISIT
SUBMIT FINAL PAYMENT
- A final invoice will be sent to you after your visit.
- Payment by credit card is limited to a maximum of $5,000
- Payment by cheque MUST be made to the “YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island” and be mailed to 202-1314 Lakepoint Way, Victoria BC V9B 0S2
TEACHER INFORMATION BOOKLET
The Teacher Information Booklet includes detailed descriptions of Camp Programs, the booking process and much more. It is updated each year and contains information vital to a successful trip to the Outdoor Centre.Teacher Information Booklet - 2020
Financial assistance scholarships are provided by funds raised through the YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island’s Strong Kids Campaign. Funding availability varies from year to year, we encourage all groups and individuals to contribute as much as possible toward their visit to the Y Outdoor Centre. Clients in areas where fundraising is possible, are expected to attempt to fundraise to cover a portion of their camp fees. Everyone is expected to contribute towards their Outdoor Education experience.
Submit your application a minimum of 14 days before your trip to the Y Outdoor Centre.