Campers may be driven by car to camp by a parent/guardian (listed as an authorized pick up person) or campers may register for and ride the camp bus on one of our two routes. We encourage you to register for the bus early as all spaces will fill up! All Camps begin on a Monday. Please check your registration to ensure you are dropping off on the correct first day of camp.
Driving Your Camper by Car
Please ensure you allow yourself plenty of time to get to camp. Traffic can be particularly busy on Fridays; please give yourself time and be patient.
Approximate Driving Times:
- From Downtown Victoria – 45-60 minutes
- From Uptown Shopping Centre – 30-45 minutes
- From Langford Weshills Y – 15-20 minutes
Day campers (including Leadership Day Camp) who travel to and from camp each day are automatically registered for the main bus route. You will be asked to indicate during registration your bus stop. Overnight campers may register for a fee for the bus to camp on their first day of camp and/or from camp on their last day of camp.
Bus Stops and Departure/Arrival Times
Downtown YMCA-YWCA 851 Broughton St
- Leaves the Downtown Y at approximately: 7:50am
- Arrives from camp approximately at: 5:10pm
Langford Westhills YMCA-YWCA 1319 Westhills Drive
- Leaves the Langford Westhills Y at approximately: 8:30am
- Arrives from camp approximately at: 4:30pm
Please note due to traffic arrival times may vary. We appreciate your patience. Be prepared to sign in and out your camper by showing photo identification.
DROP OFF AND PICK UP
- Drop Off TimesAnyone picking up or dropping off will be required to present photo ID and sign in/out their camper. To make changes to your authorized pick up people see the section below.
Camp Program Driven by Car to Camp By Bus from the Downtown Y By Bus from the Westhills Y Day Camp (including LD Day Camp) 9:00am 7:50am 8:30am Leadership Kayak/Hike 9:30am 7:50am 8:30am
- Pick Up Times
UPDATING YOUR AUTHORIZED PICK UP INFORMATION
We understand that you may need to update your authorized pick up person. Please update your information online. After logging in, in your “My Account” screen, click “Change Question Answers” under the Account Settings.
If it is less than 24 hours before pick up time, please phone/email the Outdoor Centre Camp Thunderbird directly.