2017 Camp Thunderbird Registration
Summer Camp Registration and Financial Assistance Application
Please use our Google Summer Camp Registration Form to submit your camper’s registration and (if applicable) your financial assistance application!
- Assistance may also be applied for by using a PDF form below.
NEW – Family Camp Registration
All Camps – Financial Assistance Application Forms
- 2017 Financial Assistance Application – Fillable PDF (download)
- 2017 Financial Assistance Application – Print and Complete PDF (download)
Filling out by hand and don’t have a scanner… why not try on your IOS/Android try using the Free App CamScanner
- How to Register
Follow Up Policy:
Each year upwards of 1000 campers register for camp. Due to this volume of registrations Registration Services’s has a strict Follow Up Policy for collecting payment and missing information; please review this procedure below.
- The first follow-up will be a phone call asking you to call Registration Services regarding your camp registration or assistance application you will also receive an email providing you the details of the reason for follow-up.
- The last follow-up will be a phone call two (2) days later, this will provide you a 48 hour period to respond.
- If we do not hear from you when the 48 hour period has ended, we will assume you are no longer interested in registering for camp.
- If you respond after the 48 hour period has ended your camper will be placed at the back of the registration queue.
- Registration Services keeps record of all attempts for follow-up.
- Payment Options
The YMCA-YWCA offers 3 payment options when registering for Camp Thunderbird:
- Payment in full at the time of registration
- Payment of a 25% deposit and 1 scheduled payment for May 1st
- Payment of a 25% deposit and monthly scheduled payments each 15th ending May 15th
Payment can be made by Visa, MasterCard or by providing a VOID cheque for scheduled pre-authorized debit.
You will be contacted by Registration Services at the time of registration to collect your payment information or set up a date to schedule a pre-authorized debit for your deposit. Please note if someone else is paying for your child to attend camp they will be contacted.
Financial assistance is also available to families unable to pay the full camp fees. Assistance in the form of more flexible scheduled payment plans are also available. Please contact Registration Services for more information.
Campers attending Leadership Development Camps may also apply for two additional scholarships.
- Cancellation and Refund Policy
Camp registration may be cancelled by emailing Registration Services before May 1, 2017. A refund less the non-refundable 25% deposit (or a 25% administration fee if full payment has been made) will be provided.
Camp cancellations due to a medical reason will receive a full refund less a $50 administration fee.
Transportation fees are only refundable if the Y can fill your child’s space on the bus.
No refunds will be issued in instances where a camper is removed from a camp program at the choice or request of the camper or camper’s parent(s)/guardian(s) or is dismissed from camp for contravention of the camp commitment.
- WaitlistsEach year almost all camps will fill up. When a camp reaches capacity your camper will be added to the wait list and you will be sent a wait list confirmation.
If a space becomes available we will contact waitlisted campers as follows:
- More than 5 days before camp starts: we will contact campers in order of the waitlist, providing a 24 hour window to respond. If we do not hear from you we will assume you do not want the space.
- Less than 5 days before camp starts: we will contact campers in order of the waitlist, providing a 12 hour window to respond. If we do not hear from you we will assume you do not want the space.
- 2 or less days before camp starts: we will contact campers in order of the waitlist, providing a 2 hour window to respond. If we do not hear from you we will assume you do not want the space.
For registration information; please contact Registration Services at 250.386.7511 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We are available to assist you in person: Monday – Friday: 8:00am – 6:00pm
Assistance available by phone: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 8:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Please note our office has moved from the Downtown Y to the Y Association Services offices located at the rear of the new Westhills YMCA-YWCA:
202-1314 Lake Point Way, Langford BC V9B 0S2