2019 Summer Camp Registration
2019 Summer Camp program information including dates and fees are now updated! Our Registration Services team processes your registration(s) as fast as possible. Here at the Y we know how important it is for each family to know that their camper has secured a space for the upcoming summer. We anticipate receiving a large volume of registrations. We thank you in advance for the patience and respect we know you will show our Registration Services team.
All cancellations must be received before May 1, 2019; notice must be provided in writing.
All refunds are subject to a 25% administration fee.
Medical cancellations accompanied by a physician`s note will receive a full refund less a $50 administration fee.
Transportation fees are only refundable if the Y can fill your child’s space on the bus.
No refunds will be issued in instances where a camper is removed during a camp program at the choice or request of the camper or camper’s parent(s)/guardian(s) or is dismissed from camp for contravention of the camp commitment.
Accepted Payment Methods: Visa, MasterCard, Pre Authorized Debit (scheduled payment plans only).
We are unable to accept in person payment at the Langford Westhills Y or Victoria Downtown Y.
Day Camps, Busing and Overnight Camps
Full Payment – All day camps, day camp overnight and busing MUST be paid in full at the time of registration. Overnight camp may also be paid in full.
Overnight campers have the option to spread the cost of camp out over the coming months under a pre-set schedule below.
One Scheduled Payment – Initial 25% Non-refundable Payment and One Scheduled Payment on May 1, 2019 – per camper, per camp
Monthly Scheduled Payments – Initial 25% Non-refundable Payment and Monthly Scheduled Payments on the 15th of the month ending May 15, 2019 – per camper, per camp
Each year upwards of 1000 campers register for camp. Each registration is processed manually by Registration Services staff. Due to this volume of registrations Registration Services’ has a strict Follow Up Policy for collecting payment and missing information. When you receive our call and/or email, please contact us within the stated time periods or your camper may lose their space.
- The first follow-up will be a phone call asking you to call Registration Services regarding your camp registration or financial assistance application within 24 hours. We will also send an email with the details of the reason for follow-up.
- If we haven’t heard from you within 24 hours our last attempt to follow-up with you will be a phone call. This will provide another 24 hours to respond.
- If we do not hear from you again, we will assume you are no longer interested in registering for camp.
- If parents respond after the stated time period has ended your camper will be placed at the back of the registration queue.
- Registration Services keeps record of all attempts for follow-up.
Camp Thunderbird is proud to reach our full capacity each summer. When a camp reaches capacity, a camper will be added to the wait list and you will be sent a wait list confirmation.
If a space becomes available we will contact waitlisted campers as follows:
- More than 5 days before camp starts: we will contact campers in order of the waitlist, providing a 24 hour window to respond. If we do not hear from you we will assume you do not want the space.
- Less than 5 days before camp starts: we will contact campers in order of the waitlist, providing a 12 hour window to respond. If we do not hear from you we will assume you do not want the space.
- 2 or less days before camp starts: we will contact campers in order of the waitlist, providing a 2 hour window to respond. If we do not hear from you we will assume you do not want the space.
For registration information; please contact Registration Services at 250.386.7511 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We are available to assist you in person: Monday – Friday: 8:00am – 5:00pm
202-1314 Lakepoint Way (located at the rear of the Langford Westhills Y)
Assistance available by phone: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 8:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am – 5:00pm