The Y will be moving away from using the VIY app. The final day to view schedules or reserve in the app is Sunday, Nov 20. Click here for information about this transition and how to make a court booking for Monday, Nov 21 onward. Thank you for your ongoing patience with the VIY app and during this new transition period.
DOWNTOWN RECREATION PROGRAMS
The Vancouver Island Y is committed to providing shared, safe, and enjoyable program spaces. These programs are included with your Y membership!
Racquetball and Squash
Beginning Saturday November 19 for Monday November 21, Court bookings will be done using Online Reservations, to learn more about this change click here . For your reservation time only 1 member is required to book a time online for your court.
Court bookings are 60 minutes in length. There are no forfeit times if a member is late.
Bring your own racquet, ball and eye protection.
Downtown Y – Open Gym
Open Gym provides members with an opportunity to play and practice sports which cannot be performed in other areas of the facility. Open Gym is a shared space. At no time will the gymnasium be dedicated to just one sport.
Open Gym Guidelines & Practices
- All play is to be recreational in nature and welcoming of all persons and abilities.
- Open Gym is a shared space – all members are required to make space for others playing a different sport. This may require you to alter your format of play
- No Full or Half Court games at any time
- Music is not to be played so that others can hear it
- Shirts are to be worn at all times. Please change in the changeroom
- Food is permitted only in the café and lobby
|Open Gym (Full)||Mon, Wed, Fri||6:00am – 8:30am|
|Open Gym (Half)||Tues & Thurs||6:00am – 8:30am|
|Open Gym (Half)||Mon & Wed||2:00pm-4:00pm|
|Open Gym(Full)||Sat & Sun||1:00pm-3:30pm|